WooCommerce is a free eCommerce application that makes online shopping quick. Over the years, it has become the world’s most popular eCommerce site used by millions of SMEs (online stores). WooCommerce has been known as the most popular eCommerce wordPress extension on the market. Users can create an eCommerce page from scratch and attach the shopping cart functionality to an existing site.
WooCommerce can be downloaded and used as open-source software. However, while the WooCommerce programme is free, the construction of a page that costs money also involves a domain name and a Web hosting company.
Distinct Features of WooCommerce
WooCommerce has become the world’s leading eCommerce technology because it is simple to use for beginners and has incredibly strong features. Some of the features are as follows:
- The core WordPress software is free, and the WooCommerce is accessible.
- It’s an Open-source online store. Everyone can go into the script, test and change it.
- WooCommerce is very helpful. To launch a shop, you don’t have to be a specialist in development.
- Sell whatever item you like: actual, online or even associate.
- Create goods or images without limitations.
- It makes it easier to locate and scan every item, attach class, labels or attributes including size and colour.
- Including a’ verified owner ‘ label, show product ratings and product revue on product pages.
- Modify within the shop the business address, currency, language and units of measurement.
- Customers may group items by success, innovation, ranking, cost or attribute.
- More and more people are shopping on smartphones. WooCommerce is responsive and will work on any devices
- You can control exactly how your shop looks without the need for any technical know-how with something called themes.
- WooCommerce has the ability to provide online security the shop.
Functionalities of WooCommerce
Plug-ins are the best way to develop a WooCommerce online shop. You can add new features to help extend your market. One of the main reasons business owners like WooCommerce is it’s versatility. Through different WooCommerce extensions (also known as add-ons), you can add additional functionality to WooCommerce. These plugins can be used to add new features such as payments, licenses, integrations to the delivery system, sales and tax collection, etc.
- Payment Gateways:
An online payment system is a transaction portal. To do this, consumers must give credit/debit card details to the shop and eventually to the bank at the actual time of purchase. Whether the fee is accepted or not you will be told by a payment gateway.
You need a business account and a web platform to allow online payments legally. In most instances, Payment Service Providers are open to you for both. Examples of this are companies such as Stripe and PayPal.
- Shipping Modules:
This popular eCommerce site has created room for many other online delivery features such as plugins which will greatly help you with the implementation of your business solutions. WooCommerce Shipping Plugin is a WordPress / WooCommerce plugin to make shipping more effective.
This plugin enables you to receive shipping rates from your shipping account in real-time and to view them on your Cart and Check-out page. The plugin gets accurate pricing dependent on such variables as the weight and dimensions of the shipment.